Welcome to Denver Options!
Our goal at Denver Options is to offer homeschooling families support without taking control. We have small classes in subject areas that are hard or impossible to do at home.
We are a part of the Options School in the Aurora Public School system. You do not need to live in APS to attend our school. There are over 1700 homeschooled students enrolled in the Options school throughout Colorado. Each site has its own treasures to offer, and its own personality.
What are the perks of joining Denver Options?
- Community! Use the directory to set up play dates, join the closed facebook group, and join us for the parent café’. Homeschoolers are here to support each other in this adventure.
- Hands on activities with other kids . The idea of Denver Options is to DO things together.
- Our Staff – Understand that in homeschooling, parents are in charge. We don’t discuss anything controversial, but focus on things that are hard for parents to do at home.
- Safety – We have a lot of adults, and a system in place to know who is here, and who is not.
- Communication – Keep track of what is happening with the Updates –sent via email.
- Parties and Guest Speakers – Lots of fun adventures. Our parties have a purpose.
- A school wide goal. – 2016-2017 is the year of What Works Well. Our sites have a theme every year. The 2016-2017 focus in each area of study will be to learn and execute What Works Well.
- Field Trips – Parent run field trips are not Options supervised, but parents have organized some wonderful trips for our Options folks to join once a month.
- Curriculum! Check out our curriculum options and save a ton of money.
- Email anytime with questions. Make sure to include your phone number so we can chat!
Visit the facebook page to get more information.
Lanae Klap – Coordinator 303-349-5947 Cell