Welcome to DenverOptions!
We are no longer enrolling students for the 2017 - 2018 school year!
Our goal at Denver Options is to offer homeschooling families support without taking control. We have small classes in subject areas that are hard or impossible to do at home.
We are a part of the Options School in the Aurora Public School system. You do not need to live in APS to attend our school. There are over 1700 homeschooled students enrolled in the Options school throughout Colorado. Each site has its own treasures to offer, and its own personality.
- Community! Use the directory to set up play dates, join the closed facebook group, and join us for the parent café’. Homeschoolers are here to support each other in this adventure.
- Hands on activities with other kids . The idea of Denver Options is to DO things together.
- Our Staff – Understand that in homeschooling, parents are in charge. We don’t discuss anything controversial, but focus on things that are hard for parents to do at home.
- Safety – We have a lot of adults, and a system in place to know who is here, and who is not.
- Communication – Keep track of what is happening with Updates – via Bloomz.
- Parties and Guest Speakers – Lots of fun adventures. Our parties have a purpose.
- A school wide goal. 2017 - 2018 is the year of REinvention. Our sites have a theme every year. In the 2017 - 2018 school year we will REcycle, REkindle, REdiscover, REceive and REawaken our friendships and learning. We will learn to REtry if something doesn't work the first time, and REexplore our own ability to try something new. We will REnew our courage and REflect on our new experiences. We will REkindle old friendships and REstart the year by making new friends. Come join us for a whole new year of REinvention and new discoveries!
- Field Trips – Parent run field trips are not Options supervised, but parents have organized some wonderful trips for our Options folks to join once a month.
- Curriculum! Check out our curriculum options and save a ton of money.
- Email anytime with questions. Make sure to include your phone number so we can chat!
- Once you are enrolled, you can join our Bloomz community to see pictures of what your child does during the day, get updates from teachers, and reminders for special events.